ICS Speakers 2023
Nalin is a Product & Business Strategy Professional with a rich experience of 20+ years on global assignments covering Technology, Telecom & Payments domain.
He has spearheaded the launch of many initiatives in the telecom and payments business and incubated new age payment solutions with organizations like Airtel, MasterCard and NPCI. He has also been an advisor to multiple start-ups for their go-to-market strategy.
He started his career with Bharti Airtel in 2001 and was a part of the India’s telecom revolution. He had been responsible for spearheading some key projects for Airtel which included Strategic outsourcing, Telecom roll outs, Tower cost optimization and GIS based Market planning. Later as part of the principal team at Bharti group he evaluated and executed projects in new areas like DTH, Mobile wallets and International acquisitions. At MasterCard he led the product launch for and their Bill Payments platform in India.
Presently he is serving as Chief of Corporate Business and Key Initiatives at National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). Under his leadership, NPCI was able to swiftly launch the prestigious Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS) platform for Reserve Bank of India (RBI), National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) for Transit operators and Smart Cities and rolled out solutions in the area of Contactless Payments, Secure Online Commerce and Tokenization.
At NPCI, he has been contributed extensively in building the ecosystem of payments enabling Governments, Corporates, Merchants, MSMEs and driving consumption for consumers in all segments. In his current role he is tasked to set up partnerships to drive new use cases for Fintech, Startups & Merchants not just in payments but also in areas of loyalty, analytics and identification.
Nalin is a Communications engineer from University of Pune and holds a Master’s degree in Diploma (Strategy) in Business Management from FORE, Delhi.
Radhika Binani ( https://www.linkedin.com/in/radhika-binani/ ) is a consummate professional with over 16 years of work experience across organizations such as Unilever, Citibank, Michael & Susan Dell foundation and currently at Policybazaar Group.
She is currently the Chief Product Officer of Paisabazaar.com – India’s largest online marketplace for financial products. Radhika has built her expertise over these years as a customer-centric, analytics oriented, implementation focused business professional.
Under Radhika’s functional leadership, Paisabazaar.com has registered explosive growth over the last 5 years, witnessing a growth of over 155X. Currently, Paisabazaar.com is the only independent online platform in India to disburse USD 1 billion of loans on an annualized basis.
Since its inception in February 2014, paisabazaar.com has been on a transformational journey to make personal finance decisions easy, transparent and convenient for customers – designing and launching customized digital solutions enabled by customer-centric product design, rigorous data science based algorithms, to help target the right customer profiles.
Radhika has been instrumental in creating a robust digital platform that has enabled the organization’s growth.
- Driving Credit Awareness: Paisabazaar’s objective is to help each customer achieve a high credit score and lead a healthy financial life. Being the first market player to offer ‘Free credit Score’ to enable millions of Indians to be credit score aware, Radhika has continuously innovated and built a robust platform. The platform covers all 3 key aspects to credit score management – checking, tracking and building. She has enabled free and instant check of one’s credit score from multiple credit bureaus, tracking of the score can be done seamlessly through WhatsApp, Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. A chat-based service has been built to help customer build score.
- ‘Chances of Approval’ for each customer:Radhika realized that when a customer is looking for a loan, ‘will my loan get approved’ is the top most question on her mind. To address this customer need, she built a ‘chances of approval’ score with every bank offer. As soon as a customer visits the site, a ‘Chance of approval’ score is generated based on customer demographics, bank’s approval data and customer’s credit worthiness. This helps customers be directed to the right bank and help her avail loan in a frictionless manner.
- Paperless process:Riding on the Indian Government’s ‘India Stack’ initiative that aims to digitize customer identification and verification, Paisabazaar.com has developed solutions where processes are completed on its platform without the need for customers to either visit banks or do multiple sheets of paperwork. Paisabazaar.com works with over 90 financial institutions to ensure customers always have the best product and widest choice available to them. All of these institutions have integrations with Paisabazaar to enable instant
These have helped Paisabazaar to become India’s largest aggregator platform for Banking products (loans, credit cards, savings) in less than 3 years, beating older and well-established incumbents
- Achieve $1bn annualized disbursal run-rate
- Have~20M visits on Paisabazaar.com site per month with ~2M users benefitting from comparison and advice per month
- Won ‘Best Fintech Brand’ 2018, ‘Best Digital Platform for Credit Cards’ 2017 and ‘Best BFSI Brand’ 2016 by The Economic Times
Radhika’s contributions to the fintech and financial services space has been recognized by several forums including the Women Leadership Achievement Award in 2017 which identifies and celebrates the outstanding leadership and achievements by women leaders. Some of her significant achievements include:
- Her work has straddled across the customer pyramid: HNIs at Citibank, delivering financial products to the bottom of the pyramid through her work at Michael & Susan dell foundation and the middle of the pyramid at Paisabazaar.com. She has carried her learnings and applied them effortlessly across each of these segments and delivered value to the organizations that she has been a part of.
- Radhika has established herself as one of the most influential and prominent fintech leaders. She has managed to deliver in the fast-paced and demanding environment of a start-up.
- She has built a strong digital product and technology capability in the organization. She was the only Product manager in 2016. Now has a team of 20+ strong product managers in the organization with established product roadmaps, implementation processes and business-aligned metrics.
Yogender is responsible for leading the business growth and innovation at Carzonrent, India’s leading mobility solutions provider for personal ground transportation for corporate and retail clients. A computer engineer by training, he has over 19 years of work experience spanning across multiple technologies and various industries. At Carzonrent, leveraging cutting-edge technology, they are creating a global leader in the sustainable and innovative mobility solutions space.
Venkataramani Prakash is a thought leader in the payments and cross border remittance space. And has worked extensively towards easing up cross border payments out of India. Prakash currently oversees payments strategy in India for Flywire. Before that Prakash has had extensive leadership stints in EBIXCASH and Thomas Cook. Prakash’s papers around evolving payments eco-system globally have been published in Journal of payment strategy and systems and Times of India. Prakash has been endorsed as a Global Talent by UK catalyst body Tech Nation (affiliated to the UK government).Prakash interests spans across card issuance,cross border payments and settlements and foreign exchange.
Being a firm believer in the impact of communication, raising awareness, and education being the foundation of change, Mehul Manjeshwar has always been passionate about sustainability. Mehul completed his MBA in the field which has enabled him to distinguish between environmentally friendly practices and those that harm the environment, and has taught him how to encourage businesses, individuals and households to adopt behaviours that preserve our planet for future generations. Mehul is a Climate Reality Leader having had the opportunity to be trained during the Climate Reality Leadership Corps with former Vice President Al Gore among other knowledgeable experts in the sustainability field.
Currently, he works as the Chief Marketing and Sustainability Communications Officer at Bare Necessities Zero Waste Solutions, contributing to sustainable innovation, marketing authentically to raise awareness of sustainability, and building educational platforms to create content that promotes a green lifestyle.
Most recently, Mehul is a Certified Health + Wellness Coach and strongly believes in bridging the gap between our lifestyles and how it can help build a sustainable environment.
Mehul’s work experience as one of the first few employees in a unicorn startup company in Canada has taught him to adapt to a constantly changing environment and understand various aspects of running a successful business. He is excited to engage with organisations that aim for a green future and emphasises environmental sustainability, considering challenges as catalysts for creativity and positive change.