- ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means the Experiential Media entity with which you are interacting as detailed above. For example, the Experiential Media entity organising the event you are attending, or managing the website you are using. We will make it clear to you which entity this is;
- ‘the site’ means the Experiential Media website you are visiting or engaging with; and
- ‘you’ and ‘your’ means you, the person engaging with us, registering for our events or services or visiting our site.
- How you can contact us:
Address: Experiential Media Pvt Ltd, 303, Sheetal Enclave, Near Mindspace, Malad West, Mumbai – 400064.
- Information we may collect about you
- Information you give us: We collect any information you provide to us when you complete registration forms, or provide us with your details over the phone, for example when you register an account with us, register to attend one of our events (whether as a delegate, exhibitor speaker or attendee) or subscribe to our mailing list. This information might include your name, address, email address, phone number, credit card information and other information relevant to the event or service that you’re registering for.
- Information we collect about you: We will collect any information contained in any correspondence between you and us via contact forms on websites, and emails or telephone calls.
- We may collect, for the purposes of any events that we operate badged access for, information about your location in and engagement with the event. For example, for certain events, access will be granted via a badge which holds your registration details including personal information. You will be required to use your badge to gain access to the event. In this situation we will collect information about when you enter the event and which sponsors you have engaged with.
- Information we receive from third parties: We may collect information about you from third parties that we work closely with for the purposes of delivering to you the services that you request from us. For example, we may engage third parties to assist us with our online event registration systems or payment systems; these entities will collect information directly from you on our behalf. We may engage third parties to operate event websites on our behalf; these entities will collect information directly from you about your visits to the website on our behalf.
- We may also receive information about you from third parties where you have consented to such third party sharing your information with us.
- How we use information about you
We may use your information for the following purposes, depending on the relationship we have with you. Prior to submitting your personal data to us, we will provide you more specific information where necessary about how we will use your data, and link you to this
|We use personal data to:||The purpose of this is:||The applicable legal basis:|
|Provide you with information that you have requested from us, in relation to events and publications we run, or other services we provide (for example online webinars and e-newsletters).||We will need to use your contact details to keep you updated about the products or services you have indicated you are interested in.||By specifically requesting information from us, you are consenting to us using your personal data for the purposes of communicating such information to you.|
|For general administration and organisation of our events, for example to contact you with information about an event or conference that you’re exhibiting at, or attending.||We will need to use your details for planning and logistics, to invoice you, to provide you customer service in relation to the event, and general administration of your attendance at the event.
Please note that we may also share your personal data with other entities in the Experiential Media for this purpose.
|Where you have registered to attend or exhibit at an event, we need to use your personal data in this way to perform our contractual obligations to you. Where you are attending an event but do not have a contract with us (for example you received free tickets), it is our legitimate interest to use your personal data for general administration and logistics of the event.|
|To keep in contact with you about other similar events or services of ours that may be of interest to you, or for research purposes after an event you have attended.||To keep you up to date on similar events or services you have previously purchased from us in the past. To analyse the effectiveness of our products and offerings to you.||It is our legitimate interest to keep you up to date on similar events of ours you have attended our exhibited at in the past. Where we rely on legitimate interests in this way, we will always offer an opt out, and unsubscribe option on any marketing information we send you.|
|Pass on your contact details to our logistics partners to enhance your experience at an event you have signed up to exhibit or sponsor at.||We engage logistic partners in order to enhance your experience at our events, such as engaging stand builders, electricity providers, carpeting, furniture, WIFI providers etc.||Where we need to share these details with such logistic partners in order to perform the contract we have with you, the legal basis would be the performance of a contract.
In other circumstances, we have a legitimate interest to provide the details to our partners, because these services are required for a seamless exhibition experience, and it is in your interest to be provided with this information. If you prefer us not to share these details with our logistics partners, you can us indicate using the opt out box when you register your details, or let us know during the contracting process.
|To assess the activity of our attendees at our events.||We assess how people move around and engage with our events. We do this using any apps you have activated or signed up to, and where you allow your badge to be scanned by staff at our events. We use this information for analytics, and to improve and enhance our events.||It is our legitimate interest to monitor the location and engagement of our attendees at our events.|
|Transfer your contact details to an Exhibitor or Sponsor if they scan your badge at one of our events.||The purposes for which exhibitors or sponsors will use your personal data will be communicated to you by the exhibitor or sponsor, when they make initial contact with you.||When you hand your badge to an exhibitor for them to scan you, you are consenting to your Personal Data being passed to the exhibitor or sponsor. If you do not wish for your information to be passed on, please do not scan your badge.|
|Analyse user traffic to measure use of our websites and improve their content.||We may use information such as your IP address for analytical purposes of our pages, this could also include improving the content of our websites and services.||We have identified web analytics as a legitimate interest of our business, and allow us to better meet your needs as a customer.|
|To comply with or abide by legal obligations or requirements.||We may need to use or process your personal data to comply with some legal requirements, an example being health and safety or fire safety at an event.||Where we need to process your data for these reasons, the legal basis will be compliance with a legal obligation.|
You can find out more information on the privacy notice provided at the time you submit your data to us or in your contract with us (if applicable).
- Who we might share your data with
In certain circumstances we may share your personal information with:
- Any other Experiential Media entity or selected third party that you consent to our sharing your information with for marketing purposes (such consent will be sought prior to our sharing of this data).
- Any other third parties where necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees or where such disclosure may be permitted or required by law.
If you do not wish for cookies to be installed on your device, you can change the settings on your browser or device to reject cookies. For more information about how to reject cookies using your internet browser settings please consult the “Help” section of your internet browser (or alternatively visit http://www.aboutcookies.org). Please note that, if you do set your Internet browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to access all of the functions of our websites.
- Third Party Content, Sites, and Contributions
- How we look after your data and how long we keep it for
We use a variety of technological and operational security measures to protect your information against any unauthorised access to, unlawful use of, and modification and destruction of any personal data we store.
We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us, or for as long as the law otherwise permits. Where you have not participated, attended or registered to attend or participate in one of our events, or otherwise engaged with us in four years, we will delete your data, unless we have an obligation to retain it for longer (for example for taxation purposes).
Transmission of information over the internet can be insecure, and although we employ measures to protect your information from unauthorised access we cannot always guarantee the security of information sent over the internet.
- Your rights in relation to your Personal Data
You have the right to:
- Request a copy of the personal data that we keep about you, by making a request in writing to the Founder whose details are available in page. You can ask us to provide the data in a commonly used, machine readable format, and where we are able to; transmit this data to another organisation.
- Contact the Founder & CEO if you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect, to have that data corrected.
- Contact the Founder & CEO to ask us to stop processing your data, or withdraw consent where we are relying on consent as the legal basis for any processing of your data.
- Contact the Founder & CEO to request that we delete your personal data.