Internet is Revolutionising Human Behaviour with
Sudden Surge of Products & Services
- India is the fastest growing market for the ecommerce sector.
- Being driven by a young demographic profile, increasing internet penetration and relative better economic performance, India's E-commerce revenue is expected to jump from US$ 39 billion in 2017 to US$ 120 billion in 2020, growing at an annual rate of 51 per cent, the highest in the world.
- The recent rise in digital literacy has led to an influx of investment in e-commerce firms, levelling the market for new players to set up their base, while churn out innovative patterns to disrupt old functioning.
- Private equity and venture capital investments in the e-commerce industry in India touched a record US$ 11.2 billion in the first half of 2017, a 41 per cent rise over last year.
- A lot of India's blue-chip PE firms had previously avoided investing in E-commerce but are now looking for opportunities in the sector.
- India's start-up ecosystem is growing supported by favourable FDI policies, Government initiatives like Start-up India and Digital India, as well as rising internet penetration driven by market players like Reliance Jio.
Favourable Government Policies
- In India 100 per cent FDI is permitted in B2B e-commerce,
- As per new guidelines on FDI in e- commerce, 100 per cent FDI under automatic route is permitted in marketplace model of e-commerce
Internet Businesses Strive to Combine Physical, Emotional and Logical Elements into one Exceptional Customer Experience to Create a Long Term Value
Indian Ecommerce leads the chart
India has the fastest growing online retail market among top global economies. The Online retail market witnessed an annual CAGR of 53% for the period 2013-2017 according to the report published by Bain & Co.
Consumer Electronics leads in ecommerce sales
Consumer electronics segment in India has the largest penetration of 17% as compared to other categories